It’s so easy to let life pass us by, having a work-life balance is more important then we think, especially when you’re starting a business or have a busy career. We all deserve some alone time and it doesn’t have to be an hour, a whole day or even a weekend away. Sometimes it’s the simple things that make all the difference. Here are a few that I love to try and make a regular part of my routine. Being kind to yourself couldn’t be easier…!
• Do more of what you love, it could be a hobby, reading a book or meeting friends.
• Once in a while check in with yourself – ask yourself questions! Am I happy where I work? Do I want to make
changes in my life? Have I taken a holiday this year?
• Take a hot bath once a week. Fridays are the best!
• Meditate for 10 minutes a day. I love headspace.
• Put a face mask on. I do mine whilst watching Sex and the City.
• Read books or a magazine whilst sipping on your favourite drink or eating chocolate.
• Ignore criticism and embrace your flaws.
• Improve, rather than criticise, the things you are not good at.
• Start and end your day with a journal; write two or three things you’re grateful for. I love using the 5 minute journal app.
• Laugh out loud and don’t care who’s watching.
• Write a bucket list and start making it happen. I recently wrote a London bucket list! I have so many things I still haven’t seen and tried.
• Take three deep breaths once or twice a day. RELAX. BREATH IN. BREATH OUT. RECHARGE.
• Have a digital detox, even if it’s just for an hour a day.
• Surround yourself with positive people who bring out the best in you.
• Buy yourself flowers. Better still, visit your local flower market, you’ll be surprised how happy you will feel.
• Forgive your mistakes, today is a new day.
• Give yourself a facial massage with a beauty balm or oil; your skin will thank you for it.
• Go for a walk, or join a new exercise class. Fitness is a great way to de-stress, recharge and feel great! I recently started boxing, its so much fun and is a great way to distress.
What methods do you use to be kind to yourself? i would love to hear from you, please comment below.
Dress & Scarf Zara
Photo Credit: Marta Sputo